Saturday, April 24, 2010

Haul

So, picked up some stuff down at the wonderful world that is Englishtown Auction today. Take a peak!
So while nothing too spectacular, a few personal notes. The Heavy Metal soundtrack is a gatefold with a pretty nice selection of screenshots from one of my favorite movies of all time. My only issue with the soundtrack is that it leaves out the score music which, in my opinion was part of the allure of the movie for me. Elmer Bernstein's original score is genius, particularly the entire Taarna scene. The Manowar LP is a double for me, I have the CD but I've always wanted the original LP. I asked my mom to get me it once for my birthday along with some other stuff but she opted to purcahse Cirith Ungol's Frost and Fire instead. I also already have the double disc release of Doomsday For The Deceiver but I can't pass up the LP from one of the most overlooked thrash releases. Jason Newstead is phenomenal on the record. It's a shame the crap he went through with Metallica and while I can understand the emotions from their point of view, I would really have liked to hear what ...And Justice For All would have sounded like with any audible bass at all. That recording is just downright disrespectful to Jason Newstead. I'm sure even Cliff Burton would be pissed to hear that album. The two discs were two bucks each so even though I could care less about both them pretty much, I figured "eh, why not!" The one release I am really kind of giddy about is The Rods album.
I remember reading about the band in this issue of Music For Nations from back in 1984 and just kind of wanting to check them out but never getting around to it. Looks like the wait is over. Hopefully they are as good as I hope they are. Love that album art too.

Take a look at the article. I left the attached article about Tank for the little extra something I like to give you all.
Otherwise, the haul included the following:

Fear Factory - Demanufacture (CD)
Skid Row - Slave To The Grind (CD)
Flotsam And Jetsam - Doomsday For The Deciever (LP)
Manowar - Battle Hymns (LP)
Motorhead - Another Perfect Day (LP)
Heavy Metal - Motion Picture Soundtrack (LP)
Judas Priest - Unleashed In The East (LP)
The Rods - Heavier Than Thou (LP)

No comments: